Servings: 4 Servings
- 6 beets scrubbed well
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Using a mandolin or the slicer blade of your food processor, slice beets as thin as possible. No need to peel first.
- Place the beets in a large bag and pour the oil and salt over top. Shake the bag. Let sit 15-20 minutes.
- Shake the bag again and drain out the liquid from the bag. Lay slices on a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake 45-60 minutes until crisp but not brown. Remove from oven and enjoy.
- Beet chips can be stored in an airtight container for few days.
Alternatively, go for sweet potato fries.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 700mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g