Black Quinoa with Tahini
You can use any kind of quinoa for this dish, but the black feels more elegant and special for a weekend meal, plus if you haven’t tried it yet, you should, it tastes much different from the more common brown one and many people prefer it.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup black quinoa rinsed well
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs of choices parsley, mint, basil, cilantro
- 2 green onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini mixed with 2 tablespoons each lemon juice and water
- Combine quinoa with water, bring to a boil, simmer, covered over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit covered for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped herbs and scallions, drizzle olive oil, stir and taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve with tahini drizzled over top.
Serving: 1/2 cup | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 170mg | Fiber: 4g