Butternut Squash Puree
Shortcut: Buy frozen pureed butternut squash or frozen cubed squash.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- sprigs fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, lightly coated with evoo, sweat garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, squash and broth. Cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is very soft and falling apart.
- Mash squash with potato masher or using an immersion blender until creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve squash puree with meatloaf and garlicky green beans.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 515mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g