Don’t relegate celery to soups and stocks only. Once in a while make it the star, especially if you find a nice bunch with leaves attached, it makes a tremendous salad on its own. If your celery doesn’t come with many leaves, use a bunch of parsley.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 celery stalks and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 dates pitted, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds toasted
- Place celery in a medium salad bowl.
- Whisk together lemon zest and juice, evoo, and honey.
- Drizzle dressing over celery, toss, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with dates and nuts.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 100mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g