This flavorful dish is a favorite dinner side, but it can easily become a full easy to pack lunch when placed over your favorite grain. Delicious hot or room temp. Add a poached egg if you want more protein.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Chickpeas and Chard
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas rinsed and drained or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- ½ onion roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil such as Colavita
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch Swiss chard stems removed, leaves washed and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared harissa optional
- 2 cups cooked grain of choice brown rice, bulgur, couscous, quinoa
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- On a sheet pan or baking dish toss chickpeas and tomatoes with garlic, onion, bay leaves, evoo, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes shaking pan halfway through.
- Add chard and toss well. Place back in oven until chard is just wilted. Remove from oven and place mixture in a bowl. Top with harissa if using and mix well.
- Serve over rice, bulgur or couscous.