This flavorful dish is a favorite dinner side, but it can easily become a full easy to pack lunch when placed over your favorite grain. Delicious hot or room temp. Add a poached egg if you want more protein.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Chickpeas and Chard
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
6 cloves garlic, peeled
½ onion, roughly chopped
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, leaves washed and chopped
1-2 tablespoons prepared harissa (optional)
2 cups cooked grain of choice, brown rice, bulgur, couscous, quinoa
Preheat oven to 400℉.
- On a sheet pan or baking dish toss chickpeas and tomatoes with garlic, onion, bay leaves, evoo, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes shaking pan halfway through.
- Add chard and toss well. Place back in oven until chard is just wilted. Remove from oven and place mixture in a bowl. Top with harissa if using and mix well.
- Serve over rice, bulgur or couscous.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 355 mg
Total Carbohydrates 43 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.