Hearts of palm are a wonderful salad base. They are a high-potassium, low-calorie, heart-healthy vegetable. Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of vitamin E, copper, and several B vitamins.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 (15-ounce) cans hearts of palm drained and chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Place hearts of palm, celery, carrots, tomatoes, avocado, seeds, raisins, and cilantro in a large salad bowl.
- Gently toss with lime juice and oil.
- Season to taste with salt.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 230mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g