After the success of our One Pot Pumpkin Mac and Cheese as a replacement for the box with the orange packet we knew we needed another one.
This version is white and creamy and incredibly tasty.
Creamy White Mac and Cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta macaroni or fusilli
- 3 cups water
- 1 cups low fat milk or almond milk
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar or mozzarella
- ½ cup plain, low fat, Greek yogurt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large deep pot over medium high heat sweat cauliflower in evoo, add salt and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add pasta, water, and milk. Cover and cook stirring occasionally until pasta is al dente. About 12 minutes.
- Add cheese and yogurt, stir until melted and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper.