Hemp is high in protein and one of the few vegan sources of a complete protein. Quinoa is another source, so this dish is a wonderful way to get lots of vitamins and protein without any meat, but feel free to add an egg or serve on the side of fish or chicken if you prefer.
We kept the spices to salt and pepper to keep it simple and really taste the flavors of the ingredients, but feel free to add chili pepper, cumin, or other spices as you see fit. You can also serve with raw or sauteed kale.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Crispy Quinoa Pumpkin Bowl
Yield 4 servings
This is a unique and filling vegan entree, but if you can easily serve alongside some lean grilled chicken or even roast chicken alongside the pumpkin. To maintain the calories reduce the amount of cooked quinoa.
¼ cup Colavita extra virgin olive oil, divided
¼ cup honey
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 pound sugar pumpkin or sweet potato cut into wedges or squares
4 cups cooked quinoa, divided
¼ cup hemp seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon sage leaves, torn
Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a small bowl mix evoo with honey and salt and pepper.
- Arrange pumpkin pieces on a sheet pan and drizzle with half the evoo mixture.
- To the bowl of evoo mixture, add 2 cups quinoa, hemp and pumpkin seeds. Toss until well coated. Spread mixture on the other side of sheet pan.
- Place pan in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, until pumpkin is nice and soft and quinoa mixture is golden and crispy.
- Before serving, warm remaining 2 cups quinoa. Toss with sage and lemon and divide between serving bowls. Top with roasted pumpkin and sprinkle with crispy quinoa and seed mixture.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Sodium 26 mg
Total Carbohydrates 69 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Sugars 20 g
Protein 16 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.