Hemp is high in protein and one of the few vegan sources of a complete protein. Quinoa is another source, so this dish is a wonderful way to get lots of vitamins and protein without any meat, but feel free to add an egg or serve on the side of fish or chicken if you prefer.
We kept the spices to salt and pepper to keep it simple and really taste the flavors of the ingredients, but feel free to add chili pepper, cumin, or other spices as you see fit. You can also serve with raw or sauteed kale.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Crispy Quinoa Pumpkin Bowl
- ¼ cup Colavita extra virgin olive oil divided
- ¼ cup honey
- kosher salt
- 1 pound sugar pumpkin or sweet potato cut into wedges or squares
- 4 cups cooked quinoa divided
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves torn
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a small bowl mix evoo with honey and salt and pepper.
- Arrange pumpkin pieces on a sheet pan and drizzle with half the evoo mixture.
- To the bowl of evoo mixture, add 2 cups quinoa, hemp and pumpkin seeds. Toss until well coated. Spread mixture on the other side of sheet pan.
- Place pan in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, until pumpkin is nice and soft and quinoa mixture is golden and crispy.
- Before serving, warm remaining 2 cups quinoa. Toss with sage and lemon and divide between serving bowls. Top with roasted pumpkin and sprinkle with crispy quinoa and seed mixture.