Dilled Cauliflower Rice
Don’t forgo rice on Passover, use cauliflower instead; it’s lower in calories and higher in vitamins. This quick side dish pairs perfectly with the lemony chicken. If you’re pairing this with my chicken dish, you can skip the lemon, since the pan juices from roasting will be flavored with preserved lemon.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek chopped fine (about 1 cup)
- 1 head cauliflower grated to resemble rice
- ⅔ cup fresh dill stems removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon Zest and juice, optional
- Add evoo to a large saute pan and place over low heat. Add leeks and cook for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower.
- Mix dill with salt and pepper and then add to the pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes until cauliflower is flavorful and soft but still retains some crunch.
- Remove from heat and add zest and juice before serving, if using.
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 620mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g