Fresh Families Baked Apples
Since dinner was so easy, you can afford to spend a few minutes on a sweet treat.
Servings: 4 apples
- 4 large firm apples Honeycrisp or Granny Smith, cored, but not peeled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon Zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9X9 baking dish
- Place apples in baking dish. Sprinkle cinnamon over apples. Mix lemon juice, vanilla, and butter together and spoon 1/4th over each apple into center.
- Pour ¾ cup boiling water into the baking dish. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until apples browned and softened but still hold their shape.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 80mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 24g