GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH COCONUT CHILI LIME “BUTTER”
Instead of margarine try coconut oil for something a little more natural on your parve corn on the cob. Remember chili powder has been found to aid in weight loss, so enjoy as much as you can.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil solid
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 ears corn in husk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, lime zest and juice, chili powder, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- 2. Carefully peel back husk from ears, without detaching from the bottom.
- 3. Remove silk from corn, fold the husk back around ears, and soak in water for 30 to 45 minutes. Make sure to weigh down ears so they are fully submerged.
- 4. Preheat a grill to medium, indirect heat.
- 5. Remove ears from water.
- 6. Open husk, dry ears with paper towel, and spread coconut butter mixture evenly on corn.
- 7. Fold husk back over corn and grill, turning often, for 35 minutes (change heat to medium-high for the last ten minutes of grilling).
- 8. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 415mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g