London broil is a nice leaner cut of meat that is just as delicious hot off the grill as it is room temp the next day. Just be sure not to overcook the meat. We marinated it with a pomegranate juice mixture to infuse more flavor and get all the health benefits of pomegranate, which include tons of antioxidants.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Grilled London Broil with Pomegranate Gravy
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil such as Colavita
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onion chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ pounds london broil
- Garnish: chopped green onions, pomegranate arils
- In a large saute pan, heat evoo over medium high heat. Saute shallots, garlic, ginger and green onion until translucent. Add pomegranate juice and mix well. Add balsamic vinegar and spices and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Reserve half the sauce. Place London broil in a large resealable bag and add half the sauce. Marinade in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours or up to 1 day.
- Heat grill or broiler to high. Remove meat from marinade and cook to medium rare, about 12 minutes per side. Allow to rest before slicing on the diagonal, lay out on platter, garnish with green onion and pomegranate arils and serve with reserved sauce.