This dinner in a pouch is quick, easy and individually portioned, which is not only great for portion control, but also to individualize everyone’s pouch. Everyone has their likes and dislikes so add or takeaway based on each person’s taste. Note, you can assemble a whole slew of these and freeze them for a really quick fresh dinner another day.
Italian Chicken Packet
- 1 1/2 pounds thin-sliced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives chopped
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts or bottoms chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Mix chicken with sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, green olives, artichokes, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Layout a large piece of parchment paper and place 1/4 of the chicken mixture in the middle. Fold the long sides of the paper to meet in the center and fold to seal. Roll up the ends. Repeat with remaining ingredients forming 4 pouches.
- Place pouches on a sheet pan and into hot oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Insert thermometer into the top to make sure chicken is cooked through. Serve everyone their own pouch with rice on the side.