Moroccan Carrot Coins with Parsley
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground chili pepper optional
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin optional
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place carrots in a steamer above 1 inch of boiling water. Cover and steam 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and rinse with cold water. Place in a medium bowl.
- Pour evoo over carrots and add garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, chili pepper, cumin, paprika, and parsley. Mix well.
- Let salad marinate for 1 hour. Serve at room temperature.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 120mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g