This chicken stew can be set up in the morning and you won’t believe the delicious aroma you will come home to.
Moroccan Chicken Stew
Made in a slow cooker, you can set it and forge it.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets or 4 cups frozen florets
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 pounds chicken legs with thighs
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup raw brown rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon baharat or ras el hanout
- 4 large eggs in their shells, washed
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
- Grease a slow cooker insert with 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Layer sweet potatoes, cauliflower, onions, garlic, and chicken.
- Season salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in rice and gently shake the slow cooker so rice settles into all the crevices.
- Add chickpeas and repeat the gentle shake.
- Sprinkle with baharat.
- Gently nestle in eggs.
- Pour in chicken broth; add water if necessary to just cover everything.
- Cook on low for 8 to 14 hours.
- Just before serving, remove and peel eggs.
- Scoop cholent into individual bowls or serve family style in a large serving bowl.
- Cut eggs into quarters and arrange on top of cholent or in a bowl alongside.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 1069mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g
Parsley is rich in many vital vitamins, including vitamins A, B12, C, and K. This means parsley keeps your immune system strong.You can also add raisins or dried cranberries to this salad and even turn it into a meal with crumbled feta or goat cheese.
Servings: 6 servings
- 8 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds toasted
- Place parsley in a medium salad bowl.
- Whisk together lemon zest and juice, oil, and honey.
- Drizzle dressing over parsley, toss, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with seeds.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 70mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g