I love lettuce wraps, but if your kids want to put the filling in a tortilla or just eat it over rice in a bowl, that’s fine too. This recipe can be made with ground chicken or tofu and is light and delicious either way. Leftovers work well too.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
One Pan Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil such as Colavita
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken or extra firm tofu diced
- 1 pound button or cremini mushrooms chopped
- 1- inch piece fresh ginger peeled and finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic finely grated
- 6 green onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons silan
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 3 cups cooked short grain brown rice
- Garnish: ¼ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- In a large saute pan, heat evoo over medium-high heat. Add chicken or tofu and mushrooms and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in ginger, garlic, scallions, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and silan. Cook mixture until warmed through, about 4 minutes, then taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- To serve, layer two lettuce leaves per wrap. Scoop a heaping spoonful of mixture into each lettuce cup, sprinkle with peanuts, and serve immediately with a side of rice.