Quick Poached Asian Pear
Asian pears are a cross between an apple and a pear, you will love them for snack or dessert on their own, but we dressed them up a bit for the perfect ending to your Asian dinner.You can of course use any pear for this recipe, but we like to add variety whenever we can and Asian pears are very high in fiber and potassium. Speed up the cooking time by slicing the pears.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 2-inch piece ginger thinly sliced
- ¼ cup silan
- 2- inch piece lemon peel
- 1 star anise or cinnamon stick
- 2 cups water
- 2 large Asian pears or 4 small pears peeled and cored
- Garnish: Greek yogurt
- In a small pot, combine ginger, silan, lemon peel, water, and pears. Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes or until tender, turning as needed. Remove from heat and store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve by dividing pears among bowls and topping with a spoonful of yogurt and a drizzle of silan.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g