Quick 5-Ingredient Tomato Soup
Servings: 6 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 medium carrots sliced thinly
- 2 ribs celery
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed with your hands
- 2 cups water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil, sprinkle of cheese, freshly popped popcorn
- Heat evoo in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions, carrots and celery and sweat until they are very soft and translucent (about 10 minutes). Add garlic and stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes and water.
- Simmer soup, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Blend soup with an immersion blender. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with your favorite garnishes
Serving: 11/2 cups | Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 450mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g