Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Citrus Sauce
Roasting veggies brings out all their flavor. Use what you can find, if you only have carrots that is fine, if you only have parsnips or even celery root, they all work.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds assorted carrots parsnips, or parsley root, peeled
- 1 large lemon halved
- 1 small orange halved
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.Peel and cut the veggies lengthwise into quarters.
- On a large, lightly greased sheet pan, toss veggies with evoo, salt and pepper. Place the halved lemon and orange cut-side up in the pan as well, and roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until just tender. Keep a careful watch as cooking time will vary depending on the size of your veggies.
- Remove from the oven and toss with honey, thyme and the juice of the remaining large orange and large lemon.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until caramelized and lightly charred. Serve warm or at room temperature with roasted citrus halves.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 250mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 17g