Roasted Fruit with Spicy Sauce
This flavorful fruit dish will make your whole house smell amazing. Serve as-is or along with some non-dairy vanilla ice cream. Prep starts the day before, making the orange-spiced sauce for the fruit.
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 star anise optional
- ½ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- Zest and juice of 3 oranges
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 6 fresh fruits such as apples, pears, peaches or nectarine, halved and pits or seeds removed
- 6 Medjool dates pits removed and halved
- The day before, break the cinnamon into two, split the vanilla pod and smash the star anise. Mix the spices with pepper, orange zest and juice, and honey. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put fruits skin-side down in a 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Place dates in between fruits. Pour spiced orange sauce over the fruit and bake for 40 minutes, or until the fruit is soft and golden.
- Serve as-is or with coconut whipped cream and crumbled macaroons.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g