Many of you asked for salads that eat like a meal, so this is one of those. You can get great flavor by grilling the vegetables and keeping the cooking heat outside, but roasting in the oven is equally delicious and healthy and can all be done on one sheet pan.
Top the salad with grilled chicken and/or roasted chickpeas as you prefer.
Don’t skimp on the dressing, this creamy dressing is thick and flavorful from the sun-dried tomatoes, but low in calories in fat.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
If you are roasting in an oven you can use frozen corn kernels to save a step, but in peak summer corn season, we highly recommend the fresh cobs.
This is also a great recipe to use leftovers from a family BBQ.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Roasted/Grilled Vegetable Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- 4 ears fresh corn in husk, soaked in water
- 2 large zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil such as Colavita
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cups lettuce baby mixed greens is best
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh basil tightly packed
- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil such as Colavita
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Garnish: Roasted chickpeas, fresh basil, grape tomato halves
- Preheat grill to high or oven to broil.
- Place corn in husks on grill and cook for 5-8 minutes, until lightly charred.
- At the same time coat zucchini and chicken with evoo, salt and pepper and add to grill.
- Cook zucchini and chicken until cooked through, flipping as needed. Remove veg and chicken to a platter and allow to cool while prepping dressing.
- In a blender combine sun-dried tomatoes, hot water, vinegar, basil, garlic, evoo, honey, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and adjust to taste.
- Cut corn off the cob and zucchini into a few pieces and chicken into slices. Place lettuce, vegetables and chicken on plates and drizzle with salad dressing and optional garnishes.