When dinner is light and simple save time and room for dessert. Just heating fruit with cinnamon turns it into dessert, but these pears are even better with some crunchy sweet crumble topping. You can add oats and serve with Greek yogurt if you like. If you don’t want to bake, just cut up some pears and top with nuts and raisins.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 whole pears
- ¼ cup walnuts crushed
- ¼ cup raisins we like golden
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Cut the pears in half and scoop out the core using a small spoon
- Grease the parchment with the butter or coconut oil and place the pears cut side down over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until pears are tender.
- In the meantime, mix walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, ginger and butter or oil in a small bowl.
- Remove pears from oven, flip and fill with stuffing.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes more until filling is golden.
Serving: 1/2 pear | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g