Simple sauteed kale is a great way to get your greens. It works with spinach too but kale holds up better to cooking in advance.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 pound kale tough stems and center ribs discarded and leaves chopped coarsely
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then add garlic and red pepper flakes, stir for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add kale and cook tossing with tongs until it begins to wilt. Reduce heat to low, add vinegar and salt to taste. Enjoy hot or cold.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 11403IU | Vitamin C: 137mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 2mg