For this lunch bowl, we flavor roasted cauliflower with our favorite Israeli shawarma blend, toss it with chickpeas and put everything over a basic tabbouleh.
Warning: this recipe is very lemony, we love the tang with the shawarma spice, but if you can cut the amount of lemon in half if you prefer.
Cauliflower is trendy for a reason. It is a great sub for meat and/or carbs in many recipes. It is low calorie, an excellent source of vitamin C which will boost your immune system and a good source of a slew of other vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin and much more.
This recipe is a peek at our content, to get more recipes like this Sign Up.
“Shawarma” Cauliflower Bowl
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into medium florets
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons zest and juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons shawarma seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Persian cucumbers diced
- 2 whole tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup bulgur cooked
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower and chickpeas on sheet, drizzle 2 tablespoons evoo, zest and juice of 1 lemon, shawarma seasoning and salt, toss to coat.
- Roast 25 to 30 minutes until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile combine cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, and bulgur in a medium bowl and toss with remaining zest and juice.
- Divide bulgur mixture into individual bowls, top with cauliflower and chickpeas.