We love when we can make an elegant dinner in under 30 minutes and using only 1 pan.
This is your steak dinner at its finest, we added some portobellos along with the meat to stretch it a bit more and served along side some delicious roasted veggies.
Sheet Pan Steak with Broccoli and Chickpeas
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped, divided
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound rib eye steak fat trimmed, cut crosswise into 2 equal pieces
- 4 large portobello mushrooms stem off and gills scraped out with a spoon
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small glass jar, combine ½ garlic, balsamic, Dijon, ¼ cup olive oil, parsley and pepper, shake well.
- In a large zip top bag, place steak and portobellos, pour in ½ dressing, let marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler and prepare sheet pan with broccoli florets and chickpeas. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle remaining garlic and salt. Toss well and broil for 5-10 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Place steak and portobellos on pan moving veggies to the edges; discard extra marinade and broil for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or until desired doneness.
- Remove pan from oven, let steak and portobellos rest.
- Transfer broccoli and chickpeas to a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon reserved vinaigrette. Slice steak and portobellos and serve together with extra vinaigrette if desired.