This salad combines two superfoods into one amazing salad. Kale is very nutrient dense—1 cup provides over 100% of the recommended intake of vitamins A, C, and K! Sweet potatoes are also an excellent source of vitamin A.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Sweet Potato Kale Salad
Yield 6 servings
To make this into a filling lunch, we suggest topping with leftover grilled chicken, fish, tofu or a poached egg.
Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
Freshly ground black pepper
Salad and Dressing Ingredients
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
1 bunch kale, chopped (about 4 to 5 cups)
½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Peel sweet potato and cut it into 1-inch cubes. Toss cubes with olive oil, thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast at 400°F for about 35 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and thyme.
4. Pour half the dressing over the kale and massage with hands.
5. Top kale with warm roasted sweet potato and toasted almonds.
6. Drizzle additional dressing on top, to taste
Serving Size 1/6th of salad
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12 g
Sodium 108 mg
Total Carbohydrates 7 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.