This salad combines two superfoods into one amazing salad. Kale is very nutrient dense—1 cup provides over 100% of the recommended intake of vitamins A, C, and K! Sweet potatoes are also an excellent source of vitamin A.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Sweet Potato Kale Salad
Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- 1 large sweet potato about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Salad and Dressing Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sprigs fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 bunch kale chopped (about 4 to 5 cups)
- ½ cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- 2. Peel sweet potato and cut it into 1-inch cubes. Toss cubes with olive oil, thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast at 400°F for about 35 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and thyme.
- 4. Pour half the dressing over the kale and massage with hands.
- 5. Top kale with warm roasted sweet potato and toasted almonds.
- 6. Drizzle additional dressing on top, to taste