Easy lunch, can be made and eaten without toasting, but there is something about toasting a wrap filled with melty cheese that makes this healthy lunch feel decadent.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Toasted Caprese Wrap
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil such as Colavita
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese sliced or chopped
- 1 whole grain flatbread tortilla, wrap, or laffa
- 1 large garlic clove halved
- In a small bowl combine evoo and vinegar with pinch salt and pepper. Add lettuce, basil, and tomatoes and toss well.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with a thin layer of evoo.
- Layer salad and cheese onto wrap, fold over sides and roll like a burrito. Place on hot pan and cook until browned on each side.
- Serve hot and fresh or pack it up for later.