Easy lunch, can be made and eaten without toasting, but there is something about toasting a wrap filled with melty cheese that makes this healthy lunch feel decadent.
This recipe is available free to everyone brought to you by Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a taste of our Fresh Families Meal plan.
Toasted Caprese Wrap
Yield 1 serving
This recipe makes 1 but is easily adapted to any number you need to make.
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
¼ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced or chopped
1 whole grain flatbread, tortilla, wrap, or laffa
1 large garlic clove, halved
- In a small bowl combine evoo and vinegar with pinch salt and pepper. Add lettuce, basil, and tomatoes and toss well.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with a thin layer of evoo.
- Layer salad and cheese onto wrap, fold over sides and roll like a burrito. Place on hot pan and cook until browned on each side.
- Serve hot and fresh or pack it up for later.
Serving Size 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 510 mg
Total Carbohydrates 33 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 13 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.