Tomato Garlic Toast
Tomatoes are a nutrient-dense superfood known for their high level of lycopene, a form of vitamin A that plays a role in preventing chronic diseases, especially certain types of cancer. In this recipe we roast the tomatoes to enhance their amazing flavor and the power of the lycopene.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 head garlic top sliced off
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil such as Colavita
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs such as basil and oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 slices whole grain bread toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place tomatoes and garlic, cut side up, on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Roast at 400°F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle squeeze out 1 to 2 cloves roasted garlic and spread on each piece of toast.
- Top with roasted tomatoes.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 540mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g