Tomatoes and String Beans
String beans, a nice crunchy side dish to any meal, reduce the risk of heart disease and colon cancer, and help regulate diabetes.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen green beans trimmed, if frozen not thawed
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add string beans, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes if using frozen string beans, 20 minutes if using fresh.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Finish with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 800mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g