Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cajun Veggie Rice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil such as Colavita, divided
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 peppers chopped (any color)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups cooked long grain brown or red rice refrigerated
- 1 (15-ounce) can black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 2 cups collards or other greens chopped, optional
Place a large sauté pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon evoo and saute onion, celery, and peppers. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Add garlic, cajun seasoning, and tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently, until fragrant and toasted.
Add 1 tablespoon evoo, rice and beans, stirring until everything is mixed and hot.
Add remaining tablespoon evoo and collards if using and saute until everything is combined. Serve hot.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 50mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g