Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sweet Potato Kale Salad
To make this into a filling lunch, we suggest topping with leftover grilled chicken, fish, tofu or a poached egg.
Servings 6 servings
Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- 1 large sweet potato about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Salad and Dressing Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sprigs fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 bunch kale chopped (about 4 to 5 cups)
- ½ cup slivered almonds toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Peel sweet potato and cut it into 1-inch cubes. Toss cubes with olive oil, thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast at 400°F for about 35 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and thyme.
4. Pour half the dressing over the kale and massage with hands.
5. Top kale with warm roasted sweet potato and toasted almonds.
6. Drizzle additional dressing on top, to taste
Serving: 1/6th of salad | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 108mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g